With the high temperatures and drought, we are at HIGH RISK for wildfires. Below is information Lake Travis Fire Rescue wants to share with the community:
These are aimed at immediate concerns with the current critical conditions.
- 90% of homes destroyed in wildfires are due to embers.
- The first 5 feet on and around your home are the most critical to clear of combustible material.
- Remove dead and fallen vegetative debris on and around your home.
- Make sure all grass and brush are manicured short. Water according to WCID guidelines.
- Humans start 85% of wildfires.
- Properly dispose of any cigarette/cigar butts in designated bins.
- Make sure trailer chains are not scraping the road, causing sparks.
- Anything that can cause a spark can start a wildfire.
- * 90% of homes destroyed in wildfires are due to embers.
To schedule a FREE home inspection and consultation by Lake Travis Fire Rescue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.